Mendel release notes
This is a non-exhaustive summary of changes included in each version of Mendel.
To check your Mendel version, run
For system image downloads, see coral.ai/software.
- First release based on Debian 10 (buster) (Note that our distribution does not include everything from Debian; for example, Mendel does not include desktop environments and applications, because our system is designed for embedded systems. Also, the new SecureBoot and AppArmor changes do not apply to Mendel)
- Support for Python 3.7
- Support for OpenCV and OpenCL
- Support for device tree overlays
- Upgraded GStreamer pipelines
- Upgraded Linux Kernel (4.14)
- Upgraded U-Boot bootloader (2017.03.3)
- First open source release
- First release with the Mendel Development Tool (MDT)
- Improved security for SSH authentication
- Resolved Hynix/Micron memory timing stability
- Support for USB-C connections in U-Boot
- Support for Mac in flash.sh script
- Released edgetpu_demo for out-of-box Edge TPU demo
Our first Mendel release!